2021-04-17 by W.M.
Job 1943, Marketing Content Strategist – Swift Marketing – Swift Communications Inc – Medford, WI
The Marketing Content Strategist is responsible for the creation of marketing content that drives results in a variety of marketing channels, including but not limited to: email marketing, social media, blogs, print and digital advertising and sales materials.
The ideal candidate has an extremely high level of attention to detail and is able to seamlessly adopt the voice of a variety of different brands. This individual will work closely with the entire marketing team to understand the needs of the brands we represent, the goals of their campaigns, and their target audiences. The content created will inform, engage, and convert. This role requires a high level of customer service and the ability to understand the marketing needs of a variety of brands to create customized marketing content.
You’ll track data to assess the effectiveness of your strategy and adjust accordingly. You’ll also be responsible for editing content created by other team members and contractors, so solid copy editing skills are a must. A working knowledge of the Associated Press Stylebook is highly preferred.
Our application process is two parts. Please start here and complete the questionnaire. When complete, return to this page and click apply to complete your application.
Compensation: $55,000-$65,000 annually.
- Create clear, engaging, and grammatically correct content for email, blogs, social media, advertising, and other marketing tactics
- Develop and maintain a consistent voice and look for our brands
- Implement content strategies that drive ROI and conversion
- Utilize basic principles of search engine optimization
- Establish and track key metrics of success. Make data-driven adjustments to continually optimize the effectiveness of content
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing team to execute projects and provide a high level of service to internal and external customers
- Serve as a liaison with freelance content creators to execute native advertising campaigns
- Copy edit and proofread content provided by other team members and content creators
- 2+ years of marketing experience with a focus on copywriting and content creation (required
- Demonstrated track record of measurable results
- Experience writing content for a variety of audiences, ideally in both B2B and B2C
- Experience creating content for various channels including email, blogs, and social media
- Experience copywriting for print and digital advertising
- Experience working with marketing and email platforms such as Hubspot and Mailchimp is preferred
- Ability to understand the needs of a variety of brands and adopt different voices for the brands you write for
- Demonstrated understanding of SEO best practices
- Extremely high attention to detail including grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Ability to write, proofread and edit copy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments to execute complex marketing campaigns
- Working knowledge of Associated Press style preferred
- Bachelors’ Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or a related field, or equivalent experience
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio including 2-3 samples of original marketing content you have created in a previous role, including at least one sample of longer form content (like a blog article or email that demonstrates your writing skill.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.