2019-10-29 by Daisy I.
Trump claims replacement also killed by US troops
President Trump has claimed the “number one replacement” of former IS leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, has been killed by US troops.
“Just confirmed that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s number one replacement has been terminated by American troops,” the President tweeted on Tuesday.
“Most likely would have taken the top spot – Now he is also Dead!”
It comes after the US leader announced the IS leader al-Baghdadi, had been killed by US special forces in a raid over the weekend.
Trump did not name the person that US troops have killed. However it’s beleived he was referring to Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the “right-hand man” who also served as a spokesman for the terror group.
Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces, General Mazloum Abdi announced his death on Sunday, saying he was targeted in a village near Jaraboul city.
Al-Muhajir was widely considered a “number two” to al-Baghdadi and a potential successor, according to a State Department official who spoke to Fox News.
“He was killed very close to the North East, very close to the Euphrates River … he was killed by US Forces,” the spokesperson said.
On Sunday, President Trump announced that IS leader al-Baghdadi had been killed in a covert operation by US speical forces “who executed a dangerous and daring nighttime raid into Northwestern Syria to accomplish this mission.”
“No U.S. personnel were lost in the operation, while a large number of Baghdadi’s fighters and companions were killed with him. He died after running into a dead-end tunnel, whimpering and crying and screaming,” Trump said.
The President told the world that the former fearsome leader had “dragged three children” into a tunnel with him where he was chased down by dogs before detonating a suicide vest.
“His body was mutilated by the blast, but test results gave certain and positive identification,” he said.
– With Megan Palin